The Insurer is looking for a reporter to join us in building the fastest-growing digital publication covering the global P&C and specialty (re)insurance markets.
Launched in 2019 by an experienced team of publishing entrepreneurs, The Insurer has grown swiftly with a business model based around responsive news and developing new platforms, such as The Insurer TV.
We pride ourselves on providing more than 18,000 industry professionals with market intelligence that gives them and their business a competitive edge. Our 24-hour news coverage – provided by an editorial team based in London, New York and Los Angeles – means we are often first with major industry developments while also providing deep context and analysis behind the news.
Find out more and meet our growing team at www.theinsurer.com/contact-us.
About the role:
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start-out or advance their career in financial journalism.
We work at a high-level and speed, writing for a sophisticated, financially literate and relationship-driven market so we need a journalist who has a head for numbers, is able to swiftly understand the structure and methodologies of the markets we cover and also is not afraid of building relationships with contacts.
We are looking for an exclusives-hungry news journalist with the ability for spotting a story in a company’s financials and unearthing leads from off-record conversations with a book of contacts that will be growing day by day.
The role would be ideal for someone who has a basic understanding of financial markets and wants to work in a fast-paced newsroom with significant responsibility as we continue to build the title.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Source exclusive news on a daily basis
- Cultivate a strong book of contacts from across the market
- Build a network of sources through engaging with senior executives on the phone as well as in person
- Quickly turn around punchy and accurate wire copy
- Foster good working relationships and work as a team
- Upload content and assist in managing the website
- Attend industry events and conferences
What to expect
- All of our team members are currently working from home, however we do expect to return to the office in the City of London on occasions from June onwards
- The work is often challenging and fast-paced as you will need to meet tight deadlines and juggle various projects simultaneously
- You may need to travel abroad during annual industry events or conferences
- Salary is competitive (with performance and team bonuses).
How to apply
If this sounds of interest, please send your CV along with a cover letter and any relevant writing samples to email@example.com or click “Apply Online” below.