Representational Image  |  Photo Credit: PTI
- Results of Quarterly review of FTSE Global Equity Index Series announced
- FTSE will also implement 4nd & final tranche of India FOL, India will likely see inflows of ~USD800Mn in final tranche
As a part of the semi-annual re-constitution of Sensex30, Tata Steel will be included and ONGC will get excluded. The adjustment will take place on 18-Jun-21. FTSE too has announced the list of additions to its indices given below
- Inclusion – Tata Steel
- Exclusion – ONGC
- Adjustment Date: June 18, 2021.
- Tata Steel will see inflow of ~ $126mn: Edelweiss estimates.
- ONGC will see outflow of ~ $60mn : Edelweiss estimates.
- Results of Quarterly review of FTSE Global Equity Index Series announced.
- Rebalance will take place on June 18, 2021.
- FTSE will also implement 4nd & final tranche of India FOL.
- India will likely see inflows of ~USD800Mn in the final tranche.
- FOL- Foreign Ownership Limit.
FTSE Index inclusions
- Gland Pharma (~ USD 68mn: Edelweiss estimates).
- IRFC (~ USD 20mn: Edelweiss estimates).
“In the next one month, India equity markets will see rebel in few of the widely followed benchmark indices. MSCI which will take place this week should see net inflows of $300mn odd into India. FTSE will go ahead with the final round of float implementation that will lead to $850mn inflows into India. Sensex30 will see Tata Steel getting added and ONGC removed. Both FTSE and Sensex rebel will take place on 18-Jun-21”, Sriram Velayudhan, Vice President – IIFL Securities
“MSCI Semi Annual Rejig is scheduled on May 27 and India should see a net inflow of approx $300mn. Major Inclusions are Adani (Total Gas, Enterprise, and Transmission) which will collectively see $900mn inflows while Sbi cards, CIFC and BEL are other additions too.
FTSE Quarterly Rejig will see $800mn inflow distributed almost all the stocks this is led by the implementation of the 4th and India Final FOL and the rebalance will take place on 18 June. The two additions are IPOs – Gland Pharma ($66mn) and IRFC($20mn).“Sensex Rejig will take place on 18 June and Tata Steel ($126mn) is included while ONGC ($60mn) has been excluded.” -Abhilash Pagaria, Senior Manager, Edelweiss Alternative Research
Architects of India’s future will define the agenda for growth in this Golden Decade, at the Times Network India Economic Conclave – 25, 26 March | New Delhi. Watch LIVE coverage from the ground on Times Network News channels and www.indiaeconomicconclave.com.
For all latest Business News, Market News , Income Tax News, Share Market, Sensex Today live updates follow Times Now